We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Vulvar or vulvovaginal fungus is quite common in pregnant women. If it is a mild infection, its symptoms are nonetheless unpleasant: the point on natural solutions to eradicate.
Vulvar mycosis: no self-medication during pregnancy
- Itching, burning when urinating or during intercourse, red and swollen vulva, heavy white discharge ... Faced with these symptoms of intimate mycosis, it would be tempting to use one of the many over-the-counter medications. Bad idea: the vast majority of drugs against vulvovaginal fungi are contraindicated during pregnancy.
- To get a safe drug treatment, the only solution is to consult your doctor. You can also try natural tips.
Drinking cranberry juice against vulvovaginal mycosis
- Regularly drinking cranberry juice, also called cranberry juice, would reduce the risk of urinary tract infections (eg, cystitis) during pregnancy due to its antibacterial properties. Cranberry juice also has antifungal activity, interesting to fight against the microscopic fungus responsible for vulvar and vulvo-genital mycosis (classically, Candida albicans).
- To make the most of its benefits, drink 1 to 2 glasses a day. Choose a cranberry juice "100% pure juice". You will find quite easily in organic store. By cons, beware of cranberry juice sold in supermarkets. Read their label well: many of them contain very little cranberry juice (eg 25%) and are very rich in added sugars. A bad point, because very sweet products favor the development of Candida albicans ...
Vulvar mycoses: think about probiotics
- Probiotics are "good bacteria", supporting the normal functioning of the body. Lactobacillus probiotics, in particular, are very interesting to correct the imbalance of the intimate flora causing the fungal infection. Nowadays, we find in the form of food supplements in pharmacy and drugstore but you can also just eat yoghurt because they are naturally rich in Lactobacillus ... Again, it is better to skip the sweet products: prefer yogurt nature, at the rate of 2 to 3 per day.
Other anti-fungal tricks
- In case of vulvar mycosis, it is also recommended to use a mildly alkaline soap (pH between 7 and 9) for your personal hygiene, 1 to 2 times a day. History of fighting acidity, conducive to the development of Candida albicans ... If you are not sure which soap to use, consult your gynecologist or pharmacist.
- Avoid high sugar foods as they are likely to increase the glycemic peak and create a favorable climate for Candida albicans overgrowth.
- If possible, wear only cotton pants (or other natural material) and avoid wearing tight pants.
- Finally, if you are going to swim, do not keep your wet swimsuit on you too long.